Friday, April 29, 2011

Movie Reviews!! Ladies' Men/Lady's Gang

Okay, so I have another review to do. This review is on Ladies' Men and Lady's Gang. These movies star Mercy Johnson, Funke Akindele, Chigozie Atuanya, and Queen Nwaokye.

Ladies' Men starts off as some type of group session (it's kind of difficult to get it at first until you watch a bit into the movie). The group leader discusses the different types of men that women date: the pervert, the workaholic, the pushover, the player, the "mama's boy", and the abuser/dictator. These women maintain these relationships for whatever personal reasons: hopes that things will get better, thinking the man may change, thinking they can change the man, or any other reason. The men seem to believe that these women will always love them regardless of how he treats her and regardless of what the condition of the relationship is.

Let me describe each of the types of men in my understanding: the pervert was really a pervert in all sense. He didn't have any regard or remorse about always wanting to stick his "thing" in something. The only reason I really hated the pervert was that he made the movie really GRAPHIC. I hated that and I feel that it took away from the movie. The producers of this movie could have done a better job in toning down the sex.

The workaholic was one of my favorites because he was really dedicated to his job. HOWEVER, this really took away from his relationship with his girlfriend and made him insensitive to her feelings. I feel that he cheated her out of his time by becoming overly obsessed with work. In Lady's Gang, he does explain why he works so much. It is understandable at that point, but still not a good enough reason not to make time for his girlfriend.

The pushover to me really wasn't a pushover. He was a man willing to do anything to please his woman. I absolutely loved this guy! I was very surprised that his girlfriend despised him for being so into her. He was my type of guy.

The player was so smooth! He knew how to get his girlfriend to melt all over him, yet he was seeing other women left and right. He was also a bit of a deceiver (at least that's my perception). He wasn't a bit remorseful of the way he treated his girlfriend...that is until a twist evolved.

The "mama's boy" was ranked close to the bottom for me. He was cute and I loved the fact that he was close to his mom; but he's too old to be sucking breast! No woman would appreciate him constantly seeking his mother's consent for EVERYTHING. What he failed to realize is that he can't marry his mother and one day he'll have to detach himself from her.

Last but not least is the abuser/dictator. Honestly, it's hard for me to leave an opinion on this one. I hate that he was abusing his girlfriend and bossing her around, but in some twisted sense you could tell he loved her.

Throughout Ladies' Men, you are able to closely watch each and every relationship unfold. You feel for each of the women as they invest all their emotions into the relationship. Neither party is a real "fit" for the other but attempts to make it so. After some time, everyone realizes that oil and water just don't mix.

This leads into Lady's Gang. Lady's Gang really mixes up the story. After all the hookups and breakups, everyone ironically meets at a beach resort for vacation. Old flames reunite, people change, and some just same the same. Lady's Gang demonstrates how people's old traits still may tip off into new relationships. These old traits attract the same type of men (or women) into these people's lives. But as the movie continues, you see how the remixed couples are a perfect fit.

If I were to rate this movie, I would give it a "B+". I loved how in depth it was about relationships. I learned so much about how men and women relate in different types of relationships. The story unfolds nicely and I love how Lady's Gang mixes things up. What I didn't like was all the sex in Ladies' Men. I thought it was disgusting and it took away from the movie.

Please leave your comments and tell me what you think. If there are any subjects that you would like for me to blog about concerning anything (especially anything Nigerian) feel free to let me know!

If you are interested in watching Ladies' Men and Lady's Gang, go to www.youtube.com/user/NollywoodLove

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment